Offers vibrant, ripe red & black fruits of raspberry, cherry, plum, & blackcurrant with hints of bay leaf, cinnamon, vanilla & dark chocolate


Medium-bodied & plush, with rich, ripe fruit showing breadth, depth & concentration. Spice & liquorice complexity, bright acidity, supportive fine tannins, & great persistence of flavour complete the picture

Growing Conditions

An exceptional vintage. The season commenced with a wet start to June when rainfall was 30% above average. From this point onwards the months dried to below average rainfall & maximum temperatures crept up above the long-term averages. Lower yields, but outstanding quality across the board


53% sourced from the original Wilyabrup 1973 dry grown plantings hand-picked on 10th & 14th March 2020. The remaining 47% was picked on 11th March 2020 from our Metricup vineyard


The wine was bottled 29th June 2021


The grapes were sorted before being cold-soaked for 4 days prior to yeast fermentation. Skin contact ranged from 12 to 14 days.


Barrel aging was carried out in barriques for 14 months, of which 30% was new French oak.


Deep crimson red

Food Pairing

A choice cut of beef or lamb, or Portobello mushrooms with garlic butter